Prefill fields with reference data
In Flowfinity, users can select records in other applications, and automatically copy that data into another open form. As an Administrator, you can define a set of records the user can select from, and define which data gets prefilled.
Note: Data found in nested structures cannot be copied using this method.
In some field service companies, calls received by a dispatcher may be from a customer whose location information already exists. When filling out a job dispatch record, the dispatcher can select from a list of customers and have the location information automatically copied into the record for a technician to see.
- Customize the application which contains the list of selectable options (e.g., Customer List)
- Create a new View which will show the user what options they can select from (e.g., Active Customers)
Add the fields relevant to the user into the view columns (e.g., Customer Name and Phone Number)
Specify any filter conditions to ensure only the appropriate records are displayed to a user.
- Click on the 'Lookups' tab
- Check the checkbox to 'Allow other apps to lookup records from this view'
- Select the appropriate Lookup Display Value, which shows the user which record they have selected (e.g., Customer Name)
- Click on the 'Export Another Field' link
- Select the field to be pre-filled in the other (e.g., work order) application
Repeat Steps 7 and 8 for each field you want to be pre-filled when the user makes a selection.
- Customize the application where data is to be copied into, (e.g., Job List)
- Create a new field
- Set the 'Field Type' to 'Lookup Field'
- Set the 'Parent App' to the name of the application which contains the list the user will select from, for example, 'Customers'
In the 'Lookup Views' dropdown, select the view you created in step 2 (e.g., Active Customers)
- Click on 'Assign Exported Fields'
For each of the fields listed in the left column, set the 'Action' column to 'Copy To', then select which field in the current application should contain the field.
- Save and publish the application